Technology development has resulted in the creation of numerous devices, including computers and printers. As a result, we can now do our task quicker and more effectively. Printers might experience technical problems even though they are high-end devices. They may therefore put users through a great deal of inconvenience. One of the serious issues that annoys many Epson users is the Epson Error Code 0x9a. Users are unable to resolve this mistake because they lack the necessary information and solutions. Even a few of them begin their search for a service provider that can assist them. However, the issue is not serious and may be fixed without the help of experts. If you are having trouble with the same problem, this post can be very beneficial to you.
Causes Of Error Code 0x9a On Epson Printers
Such a mistake could be brought on by issues with the carriage as a result of a blockage inside the printer. This problem could also be caused by debris or bits of paper being stuck in the paper tray. Epson Error 0x9a may be brought on by a filthy or misplaced encoder strip, a misaligned printer assembly, bent or damaged rails, or another issue.
Rarely, this issue is brought on by hardware flaws including a broken printhead, faulty carriage driver motor, faulty printer belt or gear, or a carriage PCB. In addition, a lot of Epson users have mentioned that the printer’s sensor or control board may be malfunctioning and causing the issue.
How to Fix Epson Printer Error Code 0x9A Effectively
Take a look at the manual repair for Epson printer error code 0x9A.
Method 1: Clean the Printer
- Open the printer’s top lid first, then cancel any printing tasks your computer has already started.
- Currently, carefully inspect the printer’s interior for filth, trash, paper pins, staple pins, paper scraps, etc.
- Next, gently remove the tangled items from the sheet feeder and output tray.
- Once finished, touch the Start button to continue printing for a while.
- The next step should be taken if the Epson product still displays an error.
- To turn the printer off, touch the Power button right now.
- Once finished, raise the scanner unit and take out any ripped pieces of paper and paper that has become jammed.
- To turn on the printer, lower the scanning unit and hit the power button at the same time.
- After that, load new papers by according to all the loading directions.
- In order to confirm that the printer is printing properly and not showing the error number 0x9A, print a test page.
Method 2: Examine the carriage of the printer
Lift the Epson printer’s top lid to see if the carriage moves automatically or not. Try moving the carriage manually if it won’t move on its own.
If you can’t, then use compressed air to blow dirt out of the printer’s chamber. To check if the Epson printer error code 0x9A is gone or not, replace the lid and turn on the printer.
Method 3: Clean the Encoder Strip
The carriage of the printer employs an encoder strip, which is a plastic strip, to read its speed and location. If the encoder strip is unclean, an Epson printer error code 0x9A may appear. As a result, you must examine it and clean it in order to fix the issue. How to clean the encoder strip is covered below:
- Remove the printer’s top lid after turning it off.
- Dip a delicate cleaning cloth into the solution to clean ink.
- Lift the left-side encoder strip, then use the cleaning cloth to gently wash it down.
- Remove any remaining ink from the encoder strip while leaving the printhead-covered areas alone.
- Take great care to prevent ink solution from dripping into the printer. If not, use a dry cleaning cloth to wipe it down to avoid interior damage.
Be aware that pulling or rough handling of the encoder strip can damage it and cause it to malfunction.
Method 4: Reset the printer
Many small to serious technical issues can be fixed by restarting the printer. So, reboot your printer using the instructions below and see if that fixes the issue.
- Unplug the printer’s power cable after turning it off.
- Press the power button after letting the printer sit in that position for at least five minutes.
- To drain the printer’s remaining power, press and hold the power button for a minute.
- As an alternative, you can simultaneously press and hold the printer’s “Stop, Left Arrow, Home, and On” buttons.
- After that, keep holding onto these buttons until the printer is totally off.
- Reattach the printer’s power cable and join it to an electrical outlet.
- Next, hold down the power button while turning on the printer.
- Your printer’s LCD panel shows “FW Update Mode” as soon as it powers on.
- Select “Update Devices,” then “Firmware,” and then “Update” from the menu that appears below the screen.
- On the LCD panel, there will be a progress bar showing how the firmware reset is going.
- Once the update is done, the progress metre vanishes. To finish the procedure, tap the “Finished” button.
- Press the “OK” button to turn the printer off as the firmware information is displayed on the LCD panel.
- Press the printer’s “Left Arrow” button and the red triangle in the circle labelled “Stop” right away.
- To return to the main menu, lastly, hit the “Home” button on the LCD screen’s left side.
- Take a print test right away to verify that you were successful in solving the issue.
Hope you can use the suggestions in this post to fix Epson printer error code 0x9A. If none of the suggestions work for you, it appears that your printer has hardware problems. Therefore, speak with a technical professional right away and allow him to handle this problem and fix it right away.
References: Fix Epson Error Code 0x9a