Non-Carbonated Soft Drinks Industry Overview
The global non-carbonated soft drinks market size was estimated to reach USD 208.51 Billion by 2028 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 6.9% from 2022 to 2028. The growing soft drinks industry and the rising per capita consumption of these products are expected to promote market growth.
Non-carbonated Soft Drinks Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the non-carbonated soft drinks market based on product, gender, distribution channel, and region:
Based on the Distribution Channel Insights, the market is segmented into Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Store, Online, Others
- Hypermarkets and supermarkets’ distribution channel contributed the largest market share of 40% in 2021 and is estimated to grow by 5.6% from 2022 to 2028. Supermarkets and hypermarkets are a type of organized channel which are more customer-oriented by selling a variety of consumer goods products directly to the customers. Moreover, easy access and searching for various soft drink products through stores is likely to drive the segment growth. Additionally, supermarkets, convenience stores, and malls are gaining popularity in recent years owing to the availability of a wide range of consumer goods like beverages under a single roof.
- Online distribution channel is forecast to grow with a higher CAGR of 8.8% from 2022 to 2028. Several manufacturers of these products are offering products on their websites as well as on the e-commerce platforms and have projected the market growth in the forecast period.
Based on the Product Insights, the market is segmented into RTD and Sparkling & Flavored Water
- RTD segment contributed to the largest revenue share of over 80.0% in 2021 and is forecast to grow with a CAGR of 6.2% from 2022 to 2028. RTD includes tea and coffee which contributes most to the market revenue as it is considered as a replacement for carbonated drinks. Many vendors launched new innovative flavors of RTD thus this segment is expected to contribute more during the forecast period. Moreover, easy accessibility of RTD soft drinks across the globe is one of the major key factor that has driven the consumption patterns of the consumers.
- Sparkling & flavored water segment is forecast to expand at a higher CAGR of 9.7% from 2022 to 2028. Increasing demand for low carbohydrates and low sugar drinks will drive consumers to prefer sparkling & flavored water over any other drinks. Innovative flavors such as cocoa, citrus, and many other fruits are increasing popularity among consumers. Thus, this segment is expected to grow during forecast period. Moreover, growing awareness among the citizens regarding the environment is playing an important role in the market growth rate.
Non-Carbonated Soft Drinks Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
In July 2020, Diageo launched a sugar-free RTD which contains less than 100 calories. These launched products focus more on health and wellness. The products are available in natural fruit flavors such as orange mango, cranberry lime, and watermelon. Such initiatives are expected to boost the adoption rate of the products among consumers.
Some of the prominent players in the Non-carbonated Soft Drinks market include:
- Pepsico, Inc.
- The Coca-Cola Company
- Keurig Dr Pepper Inc (KDP)
- Red Bull GmbH
- Unilever PLC
- Monster Energy Company
- AriZona Beverages USA LLC
- Hint Inc.
- Spindrift Beverage Co., Inc.
Order a free sample PDF of the Non-Carbonated Soft Drinks Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.