Next-Generation Sequencing Services Industry Overview
The global next-generation sequencing services market size is expected to reach USD 4.55 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 18.3% from 2022 to 2030. The development of next-generation sequencing (NGS) technologies has revolutionized gene sequencing in terms of reproducibility and cost savings. This has resulted in the introduction of several advancements in NGS technology to promote its usage in clinical labs and hospitals. Most current innovations in this field revolve around simplifying the usage of seq-technology and making it more sophisticated. These factors have driven the uptake of NGS services across various end-users.
Next-Generation Sequencing Services Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global next-generation sequencing services market report on the basis of service type, workflow, end-use, and region:
Based on the Service Type Insights, the market is segmented into human genome sequencing, single cell sequencing, microbial genome-based sequencing, gene regulation services, animal & plant sequencing and other sequencing services
- Human genome sequencing held the largest revenue share of over 30.0% in 2021. It is the most widely offered and practiced segment.
- The presence of a substantial number of key players in this segment is contributing to the segment's growth.
- Gene regulation services are estimated to exhibit a lucrative CAGR during the forecast period. It covers small RNA sequencing, ChIP sequencing, lncRNA seq, isoform sequencing, and bisulfite sequencing.
- Various advantages offered by RNA sequencing have enabled the replacement of microarrays in many applications. It is expected that the application of RNA-seq will continue to expand over the coming years, thus driving the segment at a rapid pace.
Based on the Workflow Insights, the market is segmented into pre-sequencing, sequencing and data analysis
- The sequencing segment accounted for the largest revenue share of over 50.0% in 2021 owing to the high cost of instruments.
- Companies have been offering a broad portfolio for a wide spectrum of sample types. For example, Novogene Corporation conducts sequencing and generates publication-ready data for the success of research programs of customers from various domains such as agricultural, biomedical, and environmental science.
- NGS services offered in the market include various aspects of sequencing, ranging from consultation to final result derivation.
- Some companies offer thorough protocol while others are engaged in offering standalone services to customers that have a lab equipped with NGS facilities but seek to outsource some portions of NGS workflow.
- Analysis of NGS data poses great challenges for researchers engaged in conducting sequencing protocols for their projects. This is because a systematic and intelligent methodology is required for efficient processing and interpretation of data. As there is an increase in the number of sequenced reads per run, the subsequent growth in demand for robust data management solutions is projected.
Based on the End-use Insights, the market is segmented into universities & other research entities, hospitals & clinics, pharma & biotech entities and others
- Universities and other research entities held the largest revenue share of over 50.0% in 2021 owing to the fact that Next-generation Sequencing is primarily being used for research purposes.
- Research entities are utilizing sequencing services to improve the outcomes of their projects and gain in-depth insights into the mechanism of disease occurrence.
- However, with the rising trend of clinical NGS, hospitals, and clinics are projected to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period. This trend in clinical settings is marked by the growing implementation of NGS technology for the detection of fetal aneuploidies through analyzing fetal cfDNA obtained from a single maternal blood draw in prenatal diagnostic procedures.
- Liquid biopsy NGS panel is receiving great attention among healthcare entities, including clinics and hospitals, for cancer management.
- The definition of a proper regulatory framework for the use of NGS in clinical settings is expected to support the projected growth.
Next-Generation Sequencing Services Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
Key participants have collaborated with several platform manufacturers to receive a license for the use of NGS at their centers. Furthermore, manufacturers are undertaking various marketing strategies to capitalize on avenues in untapped markets such as India, Brazil, and China.
Some prominent players in the global next-generation sequencing services market include:
- Illumina, Inc.
- Veritas Genetics
- GENEWIZ Germany GmbH
- ABM Inc.
- ARUP Laboratories
- Novogene Corporation
- Quest Diagnostics
- Gene by Gene
Market Industry Development
- November 2021: Illumina and Genetic Alliance announced iHope Genetic Program aspires to provide WGS (whole-genome sequencing) access to thousands of people suffering from genetic illness around the world.
- November 2021: Novogene stated during the 44th Annual Gathering of Molecular Biological Society of Japan (MSBJ) in Japan that they will be launching single-cell sequencing services specifically for their Japanese customers. Novogene Japan K.K. will provide on-site service to assist clients in optimizing their single-cell planning with this new service.
Order a free sample PDF of the Next-Generation Sequencing Services Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519