Finding an abandoned vehicle on your property can be a frustrating and unsightly nuisance. Not only are they an eyesore, but they can also lead to legal issues if not addressed properly. Thankfully, TopDollarForcars offers a completely free abandoned vehicle removal service that makes the process quick and hassle-free.
What Qualifies As An Abandoned Vehicle?
In most states, a vehicle is considered abandoned if it meets certain criteria:
- Has been left on public or private property without consent for an extended period of time, usually ranging from 48 hours to 30 days depending on local statutes.
- Is inoperable or has no engine, wheels, tires, doors, windshield, or other major parts.
- Has an expired registration or license plates.
- Is wrecked or partially dismantled.
So whether it’s an old clunker parked on your driveway by a previous tenant or a car missing wheels left on your commercial lot, TopDollarForcars can help remove it for free.
The Dangers of Abandoned Vehicles
Aside from being an eyesore, abandoned vehicles can pose a number of risks:
- Environmental hazards – Fluids like gasoline, motor oil, antifreeze, and brake fluid can leak from abandoned cars and contaminate soil and groundwater. These chemicals are toxic to wildlife and humans.
- Fire hazard – Abandoned vehicles frequently have fluids and combustible materials inside, making them more susceptible to catching fire, especially in dry climates. Fires can spread quickly to surrounding cars, vegetation, or structures.
- Breeding ground for pests – Rodents, mosquitos, and other pests are attracted to abandoned vehicles. They can find shelter in the cars and feed on any food debris left behind. This raises concerns over diseases carried by these pests.
- Magnet for illegal activity – Criminals often use abandoned cars to conduct illicit activities like dumping stolen property or even making methamphetamine. Abandoned vehicles can reduce surrounding property values and quality of life.
Liability Issues of Abandoned Vehicles
If an abandoned vehicle is left on your property, you could be held responsible for any injuries or damage it causes. Some potential legal issues include:
- Attractive nuisance – If an abandoned vehicle poses an unreasonable risk of harm, especially to children, you may be liable for injuries. Attractive nuisance laws vary by state.
- Environmental liability – If leaking vehicle fluids contaminate soil or waterways, the property owner may have to pay for remediation. You could also face fines from the EPA.
- Towing and impound fees – Most states allow private property owners to have unauthorized vehicles towed. However, you may have to pay all the towing and storage fees if the owner never claims it.
Have Your Free Vehicle Collection in 3 Easy Steps!
TopDollarForCars makes it simple to get that unwanted abandoned car taken care of for free.
Step 1) Contact us online at http://TopDollarForcars.com or call us toll-free at 0423214213. Describe the make, model, location, and condition of the abandoned vehicle.
Step 2) Provide documents showing ownership of the property along with written consent to remove the vehicle. We’ll also need details like VIN, license plate, and year/make/model of car if known.
Step 3) Schedule a time for our insured towing partners to safely remove the abandoned car at no cost to you! Most vehicles can be picked up within 24-48 hours.
Then you can relax knowing that an abandoned car is responsibly removed and recycled, putting money back into your pocket through our cash for cars program if applicable. We handle all the paperwork like releasing the title so you avoid any liability or hassles.