Ecosystem of BNPL Market in Malaysia
Malaysia BNPL Market is at growing stage and has a consolidated market with about 5-6 major players capturing large portion of the market. Atome is the market leader.
To Know More about this report, download a Free Sample Report
- The population of Malaysia is becoming more tech-savvy which will drive the adoption of technology and hence, BNPL services in the country.
- E-commerce will continue to drive the majority of revenue for BNPL industry due to increasing popularity of E-Commerce among the population.
- Central and Eastern Malaysia will continue to attract more investment with Pahang aiming to become leading state in business activity and Selangor attracting more investors by having highly skilled labor.
Entry of Global BNPL Players: The Malaysian BNPL industry has become one of the most attractive markets in the Southeast Asian region. As a result, global BNPL platforms are considering to extend their product offerings for consumers in the country. In Singapore and Malaysia alone, the firm is expecting the BNPL market to grow significantly by 2025. In these two Southeast Asian countries, the firm is looking at the target market for bigger ticket installment plans. Notably, in New Zealand and Australia, the firm has partnered with 5,000 merchants.
Emerging New Players: Malaysian BNPL Market is expected to grow over the coming years and thus, new players are entering the market intending to gain market share in the already competitive but growing BNPL industry. Shop Back Pay Later, the BNPL feature, integrates the services of Hoolah acquired by firm in 2021. The entry of these new players into the BNPL sector is expected to further drive competition and innovation in Malaysia and assist in the growth of the market.
E-Commerce driving market: E-commerce will continue to drive the majority of revenue for BNPL industry due to increasing popularity of E-Commerce among the population. As more vendors adopt BNPL services, it will lead to increase in traction for BNPL Players in E-Commerce earning them more revenues. Rise of new segments like Automotive, Insurance etc. will reduce the share of E-commerce in BNPL.
Analysts at Ken Research in their latest publication “Malaysia BNPL Market Outlook to 2027F- Driven by Digitalization, Rising Tech-Savvy Population, Increasing M&A Deals, Partnerships between BNPL players.” by Ken Research observed that BNPL Market is an emergent BNPL Market in Malaysia at a growing stage from the economic crisis after pandemic. The Entry of Global BNPL Players, Strategic Partnerships along with government initiatives is expected to contribute to the market growth over the forecast period. The market is expected to grow at a 37.4% CAGR during 2022-2027F owing to the rise in economy of the country, increasing young population and new government policies.
Key Segments Covered in the report:
Malaysia BNPL Market
- By Mode Of Payment
- By End-users
- E-Commerce Retail
- Consumer Electronics
- Food Aggregators
- Travel Aggregators
- By Geography
- Kuala Lumpur
- By Age Group
- Above 50
Key Target Audience:
- Bankers and associations
- Government associations
- Investment firms
- Government Bodies & Regulating Authorities
- Fintech companies
- Venture capitalists
Time Period Captured in the Report:
- Historical Period: 2019-2022P
- Base Year: 2022P
- Forecast Period: 2022P-2027F
Visit This link Request for Custom Report
- MY IOU
- Grab’s Pay Later
Key Topics Covered in the Report
- Global Overview of Buy Now Pay Later Industry
- Ecosystem and Value Chain of Malaysia BNPL Market
- Market Size of Buy Now Pay Later Industry in Malaysia
- Market Segmentation of Buy Now Pay Later Industry in Malaysia
- SWOT Analysis and Growth Drivers of Malaysia BNPL Market
- Trends and Challenges of Malaysia BNPL Market
- Demand Side Analysis and Supply Side Analysis
- Competition Framework of Malaysia BNPL Market
- Future Outlook of Future Outlook
- Case Study and Analyst Recommendations
For more information on the research reports, refer to below link:
Related Reports By Ken Research: