Contrast Media Injectors Industry Overview
The global contrast media injectors market is expected to reach USD 1.65 billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 4.83% during the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to grow because of the rising demand for minimally invasive surgical procedures, along with the increasing usage of consumables for several diagnostic procedures, which are supporting the market growth of contrast media injectors.
Contrast Media Injectors Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global contrast media injectors market based on the product, type, application, end use, and regions:
Based on the Product Insights, the market is segmented into Injector Systems, and Consumables
- The injector systems led the market and accounted for more than 61.33% share of the global revenue in 2021. Contrast agents are delivered into the bloodstream of patients during CT, MRI, and angiogram imaging procedures, allowing for improved visualization of the contrast of fluids or structures within the body. CT injector systems, MRI injector systems, and cardiovascular/angiography injector systems are all examples of contrast media injector systems.
- Among all, the CT injector systems segment accounts for the greatest proportion of the contrast media injectors market. This is due to its widespread use in the detection and treatment of vascular disease, cancer, and orthopedic injuries and disorders. Moreover, technological advancements and the launch of new products are expected to propel the growth of the segment.
- The consumables segment is expected to register the highest CAGR of 5.73% during the forecast period. The augmented need for the consumables to ensure safety and hygienic conditions during diagnostic procedures can be linked to this segment’s high growth rate.
Based on the Type Insights, the market is segmented into Single Head Injectors, Dual-Head Injectors, and Syringe less Injectors
- The single head injectors led the market and accounted for more than 44.44% share of the global revenue in 2021. Single head injectors are the most widely used injectors for angiography, CT, and MRI. These injectors involve the use of only one syringe for the delivery of contrast media.
- Single head injectors are used in angiography, while dual head injectors, equipped with two syringes, are mostly used in CT systems. Additionally, large application and low average selling price, single head injectors are the first choice of customers in emerging economies such as China, India, and Brazil due to budget constraints which is anticipated to spur the segment growth.
- The syringe-less injectors segment is expected to exhibit the highest CAGR of 6.03% during the forecast period. Syringe-less power injectors have recently become popular as a way to cut down on contrast media waste. When considering the decreased cost and increased performance of the devices, the syringe-less injector provided a cost savings of roughly $8 per patient which is expected to drive the segment growth.
Based on the Application Insights, the market is segmented into Radiology Interventional Cardiology and Interventional Radiology
- Radiology led the market and accounted for more than 47.39% share of the global revenue in 2021. Radiology involves the use of noninvasive imaging technologies such as CT and MRI scans to create highly comprehensive images.
- CT scanning involves the use of X-ray equipment to build a structure of cross-sectional pictures of the body to detect the source of a medical condition, especially in soft tissues whereas MRI technology involves the application of a magnetic field to create images inside of a patient’s body.
- Contrast media injectors are used with CT and MRI to identify a broad range of health conditions such as breast cancer heart diseases, gastrointestinal conditions, broken bones, colon cancer, and blood clots. In addition, this segment is projected to grow at a lucrative rate owing to the non-invasive nature of radiology techniques and the rise in the prevalence of chronic diseases.
- The interventional cardiology segment is anticipated to witness the fastest CAGR of 5.79% in the forecast period. The rising prevalence of cardiac conditions such as stroke, heart attack, arrhythmia, and heart valve disorders is expected to drive segment growth.
Based on the End Use Insights, the market is segmented into Hospitals Diagnostics Centers and Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- The hospital segment dominated the market and accounted for over 68.07% share of the global revenue in 2021, owing to increasing admissions of patients suffering from neurological disorders, cardiovascular diseases, and cancer.
- Hospitals are primary users of contrast media injectors, owing to their wide range of applications in radiology, interventional radiology, and interventional cardiology. Additionally, increasing focus on the development of healthcare infrastructure in developing economies of the Asia Pacific and Africa is expected to propel the segment growth.
- The diagnostics centers are the second leading segment after hospitals accounted for more than 22.08% shares of the global revenue in 2021. The rise in the number of private imaging centers (driven by the increased demand for diagnostic imaging and early diagnosis) and the shortage of imaging modalities in small and mid-scale hospitals are two significant reasons driving the growth of diagnostic imaging centers.
Contrast Media Injectors Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The key players provide a broad range of advanced devices through their strong distribution and supply channels worldwide. In addition, leading players are involved in mergers & acquisitions, new product launches, strategic collaborations, and regional expansions to gain the maximum revenue share in the sector. Mergers & acquisitions help companies to expand their businesses and regional presence.
Some prominent players in the global contrast media injectors market include:
- Bayer HealthCare LLC
- Bracco Group
- Ulrich Medical
- Guerbet Group
- Medtron AG
- Nemoto Kyorindo Co., Ltd.
- Hong Kong Medi Co Limited
Order a free sample PDF of the Contrast Media Injectors Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.