The Global Automotive LiDAR Market report, released by Emergen research, provides the target audience with the key information pertaining to the global Automotive LiDAR Market industry. The research contains the details about the latest events in the Automotive LiDAR market including but not limited to the product launches, acquisition and mergers, collaborations and technology advancements with an aim to help business evangelists, product owners and marketing personnel understand what the future demands, customer preferences, consumption volume, production capacity and supply chain management of the Automotive LiDAR market will be like.
The advancement in automotive technology and the increase in automotive safety regulations are driving the demand for the market.
The benefit of the LiDAR may drive its demand, but the high cost and low durability of the currently existing technology will affect its demand among the automotive industry. Several companies have avoided using this technology owing to its less durability and limited range. However, manufacturers are seeing it as an upcoming technology in the industry and are engaging in updating the current technology. Velodyne Company, in 2017, established a LiDAR factory in California to ramp up its LiDAR product portfolio.
To know more about the report @https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/automotive-lidar-market
Key Highlights From The Report
- The high demand for solid-state LiDAR is due to its cost-effective nature. Built on a silicon chip, a solid-state LiDAR is smaller and more irrepressible to vibrations. It can also adjust its directional focus, which is desirable for autonomous vehicle designers.
- The autonomous vehicle is witnessing an increased demand as it helps reduce traffic congestion resulting in the efficient delivery of goods and services. It also facilitates better fuel efficiency and reduces carbon monoxide emission.
- Most of the manufacturers are testing their autonomous vehicle technologies on battery electric vehicles. A positive customer perception, advancement in technology, and intervention from the government are focusing the attention on Battery Electric Vehicles.
- These LiDAR technologies are generally used on bumper and grills location. A need for a better field view without any effect on the appearance of the vehicles is leading the demand for this segment.
- North America dominated the market for automotive LiDAR with a 53.9% share in 2019. The mandatory regulations by the government for the installation of safety technologies and the high rate of adoption of advanced technologies will drive the demand of the market.
- Key participants include Delphi Automotive PLC, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, Velodyne LiDAR, Inc., First Sensor AG, Continental AG, Infineon Technologies AG, Texas Instruments Incorporated, Quanergy System Inc., Leddartech Inc., and Innoviz Technologies Ltd., among others
Emergen Research has segmented into the global Automotive LiDAR Market on the basis of image type, technology, vehicle type, application, location, and region:
- Image Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- 2D Image Type
- 3D-Image Type
- Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Solid-State LiDAR
- Mechanical/Scanning LiDAR
- Vehicle Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Battery Electric
- Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Autonomous Vehicle
- Semi-autonomous vehicle
- Location Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Bumper & Grill
- Headlight & Taillight
- Roofs & Upper Pillars
- Others (Windscreen, Rear View Mirrors)
Regional Outlook: (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
North America (U.S.) (Canada) (Mexico)
Europe (Germany) (UK) (France) (BENELUX) (Rest of Europe)
Asia Pacific (China) (Japan) (South Korea) (Rest of APAC)
Latin America (Brazil) (Rest of LATAM)
At Emergen Research, we believe in advancing with technology. We are a growing market research and strategy consulting company with an exhaustive knowledge base of cutting-edge and potentially market-disrupting technologies that are predicted to become more prevalent in the coming decade.